Dragonflight Season 2 is here, bringing a new raid, an updated rotation of challenging Mythic+ dungeons, and a new PvP Season. This season also features familiar exclusive rewards such as the Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge achievements for raids, Keystone Master achievements, rewards for Mythic+, and Gladiator rewards for PvP.
Read on for more details, and prepare to take on all new challenges.
New Season Achievements
Dragonflight Season 2 Master - Complete one of the following achievements:
- Dragonflight Keystone Master: Season Two
- Challenger II: Dragonflight Season 2
- Heroic: Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
Reward: Draconic Mark of Mastery. Bring it to Norzko the Proud at the Obsidian Rest in Zaralek Cavern to receive powerful equipment for your efforts.
Note: You may only earn one Draconic Mark of Mastery per character during Season 2 through this achievement.
Dragonflight Season 2 Hero - Complete one of the following achievements:
- Dragonflight Keystone Hero: Season Two
- Elite: Dragonflight Season 2
- Mythic: Scalecommander Sarkareth
Reward: Obsidian Aspectral Earthstone. The Earthstone Infuses your armor, unlocking additional visual effects for certain Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible class set appearances. This effect is account-wide.
Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
Millennia ago, Neltharion established Aberrus, a secret laboratory where he conducted world altering experiments. Recently rediscovered, Aberrus is now under attack from all sides as forces seeking to claim the Earth-Warder’s legacy search for any power that remains. The champions of Azeroth must venture into the shadows and ensure Neltharion’s dark power doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
For more information on the new raid including boss encounters, achievements and release schedule, check out our raid preview article.
Cross-Faction Mythic, Cross-Realm, and Hall of Fame Eligibility
Cross-faction Mythic Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible will be available from the start. Hall of Fame entries will require at least 16 out of 20 raiders from the same guild to be eligible for rewards. Cross-realm will unlock later in the season.
New World Boss
The Zaqali Elders
Vakan and Gholna, powerful djaradin elders, are each a master over their respective element. Gholna with lava and Vakan with shadowflame, they are locked in constant conflict over who is stronger. Through devastation and chaos, each elder attempts to outdo the other until one of them is crowned victor.
You can face this menacing new World Boss duo at the Zaqali Caldera in Zaralek Cavern.
New Dungeon Rotation
Dragonflight Season 2 will feature a new dungeon rotation for Mythic+. Four dungeons from Dragonflight are included, and four returning dungeons from previous expansions. Here’s the full lineup:
- Brackenhide Hollow
- Halls of Infusion
- Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
- Freehold (from the Battle for Azeroth™ expansion)
- The Underrot (from the Battle for Azeroth™ expansion)
- Neltharion’s Lair (from the Legion™ expansion)
- The Vortex Pinnacle (from the Cataclysm™ expansion)
Mythic+ and PvP Season 2 will also begin the week of May 8 with regional maintenance. For Dragonflight, the item level of rewards from completing Mythic+ runs will not be capped on the first week, as Mythic Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible will open simultaneously.
The Inspiration Catalyst used to turn non-set pieces of the appropriate slot into a new set piece of the same item level will be available later in Season 2.
Here are all of Mythic+ Affixes for Season 2. Keystones from levels 2 through 6 will have either the Tyrannical or Fortified affixes. Starting at Keystone levels 7 and 14, an additional affix will be present, as per the lists below:
Keystone level 7 affixes:
Keystone level 14 affixes:
The following rewards can be obtained by completing Mythic Keystone Dungeons in Season 2:
- Dragonflight Keystone Conqueror: Season 2 - Attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 1500 during Dragonflight Season 2.
- Reward: “the Smoldering” title
- Dragonflight Keystone Master: Season 2 – Attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 2000 during Dragonflight Season 2.
- Reward: Mount: Inferno Armoredon
- Dungeon Teleports
- Earned for each dungeon by completing a +20 or higher in that dungeon.
- Title awarded to players in the top 0.1% of Mythic+ rating in each region at the end of the season.
- Reward: “the Smoldering Hero” title
New PvP Season
A new PvP Season will also kick off, allowing heroes all over Azeroth a chance to obtain glory in the Arenas and Battlegrounds. The new item level caps for Honor and Conquest gear shake up as follows:
- Crafted PvP gear is Obsidian Combatant and has a PvP item level of 424
- Honor PvP gear Obsidian Aspirant and has a PvP item level of 437
- Conquest PvP gear is Obsidian Gladiator and has a PvP item level of 450
- Title: Obsidian Gladiator for rated 3v3, and Obsidian Legend for Rated Solo Shuffle
- Mount: Obsidian Gladiator’s Drake
- Dragonriding Appearance: Winding Slitherdrake: Embodiment of the Obsidian Gladiator
- New Vicious mounts–Alliance and Horde-themed Snails (Vicious War Snail)
- New Weapon Illusion–Shadow Flame
- New Tabard and Cloak–Obsidian Gladiator’s Tabard, Obsidian Gladiator’s Prestigious Cloak
- New Pennant–Obsidian Legend’s Pennant
- New Elite Weapon Appearances - Obsidian Gladiator's
Also, Season 2 of Dragonflight, features an updated weekly map rotation for Rated and Skirmish Arenas that you can check out below:
|Pool A||Pool B||Pool C|
|Nagrand Arena||Nagrand Arena||Nagrand Arena|
|Dalaran Sewers||Ruins of Lordaeron||Hook Point|
|Tiger's Peak||Tol'viron Arena||Empyrean Domain|
|Enigma Crucible||Tiger's Peak||Ashamane's Fall|
|Empyrean Domain||Blade's Edge Arena||The Robodrome|
|Ashamane's Fall||Maldraxxus Colliseum||Mugambala|
|Maldraxxus Colliseum||Black Rook Hold Arena||Enigma Crucible|
|Nokhudon Proving Grounds||Nokhudon Proving Grounds||Nokhudon Proving Grounds|
Dragonflight: Season 2 Content Update Notes
Read through the content update notes for more details on the changes coming in Dragonflight Season 2. [Learn More]
See you on the Dragon Isles!