Join forces in a new public event—Dreamsurge, earn Forsaken and Night Elf Heritage Armor, band together to run Heroic difficulty for the Dawn of the Infinite mega-dungeon, follow Velen's prophecy to reveal a new future for some of the draenei people—and more.
NEW PUBLIC EVENT: DREAMSURGE
The growth of a new World Tree is causing the energies of the Emerald Dream to manifest throughout the Dragon Isles. Defeat the chaos brought about by the Druids of the Flame for rewards. Seek out Hamuul Runetotem in Valdrakken for the “Surging Dreams” quest. Players can also go directly to the Dreamsurge icon in whichever zone is affected.
Each week one of the four original zones in the Dragon Isles—The Waking Shores, Ohn’ahran Plains, Thaldraszus, and The Azure Span—will be affected by a Dreamsurge. Every 30 minutes, a major Waking Dream portal will open in the affected zone as a group event. While active, that zone will be granted Dreaming Winds—a 25% increase to experience for players leveling in that area.
Champions must work together to defeat the onslaught by defeating the Druids of the Flame, destroying their altars, and dragonriding through their reinforcements circling above. Once complete, prepare for a fight with a Flame Lieutenant who drops Charred Elemental Remains once he is defeated. During a Dreamsurge, minor Waking Dream portals are also found scattered across the affected zone; these can be defeated by solo players or small groups.
Every 30 minutes while the event is active, a new buff will be selected for that region. Those participating in the event can vote to shape the incoming Dreamsurge, so players will have various useful, powerful, or chaotic buffs to help them defend the zone. [LEARN MORE]
HEROIC DAWN OF THE INFINITE
The Infinite Dragonflight, long-standing enemies of the Bronze dragonflight, have worked hard to see their ultimate goal of triggering the transformation of Nozdormu, the Aspect of Time, into Murozond. This mega-dungeon will split into two Heroic difficulty dungeons that will take players across the timeways to stop the Infinite Dragonflight from succeeding. Battle the Infinites to preserve Azeroth’s timeline and save Nozdormu from this dreaded fate. [LEARN MORE]
NIGHT ELF AND FORSAKEN HERITAGE ARMOR
Celebrate the history and traditions of the undead and kaldorei cultures with the new Forsaken and Night Elf Heritage Armor sets. New questlines will be available for both races to undertake and gain armor variations to add to their collection. Please note that Forsaken will need to complete the Return to Lordaeron storyline before they can begin their Heritage armor quests.
Forsaken will also gain five new skin color variations, and the night elves can adorn themselves with additional choices of face markings and body tattoos. [LEARN MORE]
EASTERN KINGDOMS CUP
On October 4 through October 17, soar through the skies of the Eastern Kingdoms with the dragonrider racing event, Eastern Kingdoms Cup.
Challenge sixteen races across Eastern Kingdoms in Normal, Advanced, and Reverse variations to earn Riders of Azeroth Badges to exchange for rewards with Maztha in Valdrakken. Head to the Holiday Enthusiast outside the bank in Valdrakken to pick up the initial quest.
- 120 Profession achievements (including some that are retroactive) have been added.
- On September 12, follow Velen’s prophecy to reveal a new future for some of the draenei people.
- New Talent: Master Shapeshifter – Your abilities are amplified based on your current shapeshift form, granting an additional effect.
- Bear Form – Ironfur grants 30% additional armor and generates 2,500 mana (at level 70).
- Cat Form – Rip, Ferocious Bite, and Maim deal 60% additional damage and generate 10,000 mana (at level 70) when cast with 5 combo points.
- Moonkin Form – Wrath, Starfire, and Starsurge deal 30% additional damage and generate 2,500 mana (at level 70).
- New Talent: Grove Guardians – Summons a Treant which will immediately cast Swiftmend on your current target. The Treant will cast Nourish on that target or a nearby ally periodically. Lasts 15 seconds. Maximum 3 charges. Replaces Nourish.
- Wild Synthesis has been updated – If talented into Grove Guardians, now causes your Treants from Grove Guardians to also cast Wild Growth immediately when summoned, healing allies within 40 yards over 7 seconds.
- All healing reduced by 6%. Does not apply in PvP combat.
- Developers' note: This adjustment is intended to be a near net-neutral change in overall healing throughput to give room for the new Grove Guardians talent to represent a non-negligible amount of healing.
- Embrace of the Dream is now a 1-point talent and its healing has been decreased by 20%.
- Deep Focus and Forest's Flow have been removed.
- New Talent: Energizing Brew – Mana Tea now channels 50% faster and generates 20% more mana.
- Mana Tea has been redesigned – For every 25,000 mana (at level 70) you spend, you gain 1 stack of Mana Tea, with a chance equal to your critical strike chance to generate 1 extra stack. Activate to consume 1 stack of Mana Tea per 0.5 seconds to restore 3,000 mana (at level 70) and reduces the mana cost of your spells by 50% for 1 second per stack of Mana Tea consumed after drinking. Can be cast while moving, but movement speed is reduced by 40% while channeling.
- Lifecycles has been redesigned – Vivify has a 25% chance to cause your next Rising Sun Kick or Enveloping Mist to generate 1 stack of Mana Tea. Enveloping Mist and Rising Sun Kick have a 25% chance to cause your next Vivify to generate 1 stack of Mana Tea.
- Mastery of Mist is now a baseline effect for Renewing Mist.
- Invigorating Mists has moved to Mastery of Mist’s previous location.
- Mana Tea has moved to Invigorating Mists previous location.
- The locations of Mists of Life and the Nourishing Chi / Calming Coalescence choice node have swapped.
- Spirit of the Crane has been removed.
- Tower of Radiance has been redesigned – Flash of Light and Holy Light now generate 1 Holy Power.
- Angel's Mercy has been redesigned – Now reduces the cooldown of Desperate Prayer by 20 seconds.
- CHALLENGE COURSE
- As you adventure across the Dragon Isles, test your dragonriding race skills with the new Challenge Course. How well can you fare without resource generation?
- Infinite Scales Drakewatcher Manuscripts that drop from the Dawn of the Infinite mega-dungeon have been renamed to Visage of the Infinite and now include: Scales, Hair Color, Horn Color and Eye Color instead of just scales. Players who have already earned the Infinite Scales will automatically unlock the Infinite themed Hair, Horn and Eye colors within the Rostrum of Transformation.
- Hundreds of zone drops and rare spawn drops lost to the Cataclysm have been faithfully (or near-faithfully) restored. Good luck on your transmog hunts!
- Greater Draconic Phial Cauldron now lasts 5 minutes (was 3 minutes).
- Phylacterweave is now bind on account.
- Formula: Cosmic Protoweave from Zereth Mortis no longer requires the quest “What Is This Thing?” to be eligible for it to drop.
PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
- DEMON HUNTER
- Developers' note: We’ve updated Illidan’s Grasp to now cancel its channel when other actions are taken and instead deal periodic damage for its duration. We feel this better matches gameplay expectations and is easier to understand.
- Illidan’s Grasp has been redesigned – You strangle the target with demonic magic, stunning them in place and dealing Shadow damage over 5 seconds while the target is grasped. Can move while channeling. Use Illidan's Grasp again to toss the target to a location within 40 yards, stunning them and all nearby enemies for 3 seconds and dealing Shadow damage.
- All healing reduced by 4%.
- Master Shapeshifter has been removed as a PvP talent option.
- NEW CAMPAIGN CHAPTERS
- Aid Shandris Feathermoon as she investigates a meeting of the Incarnates in the abandoned stronghold of Lunedane. The green dragonflight have tasked her with uncovering Fyrakk and Vyranoth’s plans, and where they and their allies will strike next.
- A SINGLE WING
- Emberthal sends scouts Marithos and Amythora to find Winglord Dezran and unite scattered bands of dracthyr. During their search they come upon a remnant band of Sundered Flame that are unaware of Sarkareth's madness and demise.
- NO LIMITS
- Chromie barters for a truce between the bronze dragonflight and one of its sworn enemies, leading Nozdormu on an unexpected adventure.
- REFORGING TYR PART 3
- Chromie and a new friend join the search for the lost Disc of Tyr. To aid their efforts, Travard rebuilds the legendary Tyr's Guard, righteous paladins dedicated to representing the values of Tyr across Azeroth. Reforging Tyr Part 3 requires completing "Infinity and Beyond" in the No Limits questline to begin, and rewards Gold and White Armor for dragonriding mounts.
USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
- PING SYSTEM
- The new Ping system allows you to quickly communicate with your team without having to use voice or text chat. Holding the G button opens up a ping wheel where you can quickly call out commands such as Attack, Assist, Warning, and On My Way. You can also send contextual pings by pressing G while the cursor is on an enemy, the ground, or the unit frames.
- Developers' note: If G is already bound to another function, the Ping entry under Keybindings will be unbound.
- Macro support the following Ping commands:
- /ping attack
- /ping assist
- /ping onmyway
- /ping warning
- Example: /ping [@target] attack
- There are two modes to choose from to interact with the ping system:
- Quick Ping: Press and release the ping keybind to contextually ping, or press and hold to trigger the ping radial menu.
- Relaxed Ping: When pressing the ping keybind, click to contextually ping, or click and drag to trigger the ping radial menu.
- You can restrict pings to leaders and assistants in the group control menu.
- A tutorial for the Ping System can be accessed on the Options > Ping System page.
- Ignoring players will silence their pings.
- REAL TIME CHAT MODERATION
- Whispers that may contain harassing chat sent from a player you are not friends with will now be hidden. You will be prompted with a warning message asking if you'd like to see it anyway. If the whisper is revealed, there will be a Report Player option directly in the message so the offending player can be reported easily. This feature can be found in Options > Social > Censor Messages.
- Added a "Sell All Junk" button to vendors.
- You can set a bag to ignore the Sell All Junk button (access Bag Settings by clicking the bag's top-left icon).
- Made the scroll bar more noticeable in the Dragon Isles Summary window.
- Added an animation for new mail icon.
- Battle.net quest icon has been updated.
- Increased Party Lead icon size in Dungeon and Raid queue prompts.
- Ready Check prompt frame art has been updated.
- Minimap tracking for Tuskarr Tackleboxes can be toggled with Find Fish.
- Added an option to Restrict Calendar Invites to friends and guild members.
To view all content update notes, click here.
For World of Warcraft customer support, please visit our Support Site or our Customer Support discussion forum. If you’ve found a bug, please let us know about it in our Bug Report Forum.
Back to Top