Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft Patch 6.2.0. Hotfixes are updates made without requiring a new client-side patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require a realm restarte to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
- Get a Clue: Players no longer need to have a free inventory slot available in order to get a clue.
- To Gul'dan!: Characters that have already completed "My Garona" should no longer encounter a phasing issue that prevented them from completing the quest.
- The Battle For Shattrath: Fixed an issue that could cause players to fly through the terrain after completing the quest.
- Warm Welcome: Vermillion Sentinel should now correctly pick up the player and allow them to complete the quest.
Shadowmoon Valley (Burning Crusade)
- Teron Gorefiend, I am...: Players should now have more health while they're Teron Gorefiend and be able to defeat Karsius the Ancient Watcher.
Creatures and NPCs
- Keravnos Scouts should no longer appear underneath the world around the Iron Front area.
- Added Apexis Crystal drops to the following NPCs:
- Bleeding Hollow Brute
- Bleeding Hollow Cabalist
- Bleeding Hollow Herbalist
- Bleeding Hollow Hunter
- Bleeding Hollow Impaler
- Bleeding Hollow Scavenger
- Felblood Overseer
Raids and Dungeons
- Siegemaster Mar'tak should no longer repeatedly target the same players with her Howling Axe ability.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to exit the instance immediately after destroying the Reinforced Hellfire Gate and potentially fail to receive loot as a result.
- Fixed an issue where visuals denoting the target area for Falling Slam may not display correctly if the targeted player was in the air when it was cast.
Hellfire High Council
- Kormrok's berserk timer should now reset correctly after an attempt.
Fel Lord Zakuun
- Dia Darkwhisper should now be using her Reap ability more consistently.
- Wakes of Destruction should no longer incorrectly damage players affected by Seed of Destruction, and tanks should no longer sometimes fail to be damaged by Wakes inside the Shadow Realm.
Siege of Orgrimmar
- Norushen no longer sends players to Look Within when there are fewer than 5 players in the encounter on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Yalnu now properly alternates between targeting Kirin Tor Battle-mages and Players with Entanglement on Mythic difficulty.
- Players are now immediately freed and no longer remains stunned once Entanglement has been destroyed.
- Strongboxes no longer have a chance to contain Versatility belts, boots, and bracers. These items are now available from the Conquest Vendor instead. For a more detailed explanation of the Strongbox loot changes and how they work, visit the forum thread titled: Recent PvP Rewards Hotfix.
- Raid groups for Tol Barad and Wintergrasp should now automatically disband upon completion of the battle.
- Increased the area in which players can receive credit for completing Bonus Objective: Ashmaul Burial Grounds.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause players to not receive credit for completing an event.
- Black Whirlwind should now work correctly for Druids.
- Captain's Hat for both factions are now a cosmetic item.
- Etheralus, the Eternal Reward should now correctly count healing dealt from Healing Stream Totems and Healing Tide Totems.
- Petrified Flesh-Eating Spore is no longer available as a drop. The item incorrectly had a chance to drop via Personal Loot on Brackenspore in Highmaul.
- Prophecy of Fear's Mark of Doom can now correctly be triggered by a Druid's Moonfire.
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Ring effects were incorrectly counting damage dealt to Prismatic Crystals.
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Ring effects were incorrectly splitting the damage dealt with nearby corpses.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an invalid quest category to appear on the Map & Quest Log.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Solar Beam's area of effect to be incorrectly placed in the air instead of the ground and not trigger its effect correctly.
- Tier-18 2-piece set bonus for Balance Druids' summoned Fey Moonwing should now shoot Fey Missiles that travel smoothly to their targets.
- Tier-18 2-piece set bonus for Restoration Druids no longer makes a sound whenever the set bonus effect triggers.
- Tier-17 4-piece set bonus for Marksmanship Hunters should no longer be retained incorrectly if the armor is no longer equipped.
- Seal of Righteousness (Protection, Retribution) should now center its damage around the Paladin once more.
- Cascade should no longer incorrectly cause Rogues to break out of stealth effects.
- Halo visuals showing the area of effect before casting should now be accurate and is no longer incorrectly resizing based on the size of the character's model.
- Vanish can no longer be used before the animation for Death From Above has finished.
- Tier-18 2-piece set bonus for Enhancement Shaman now has a more subdued visual for its Electrocute effect.
- Oronok's Offer: Players should now be able to obtain Oronok Torn-Heart as a follower. Players who have already completed “Cipher of Damnation” should return to the Corrupt Refuge where the quest ended to acquire and complete this quest.
- Hand of Purity's Purity effect should no longer incorrectly cancel if the target is struck by melee attacks.
Raids and Dungeons
Hellfire High Council
- Fixed an issue where using chaining abilities against very large targets could cause the ability to not chain correctly to smaller targets.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Dia Darkwhisper to not cast Mark of the Necromancer a final time upon reaching 30% health.
- Wrynn's Vanguard Battle Standard and Vol'jin's Spear Battle Standard can no longer be used while in a rated-PvP environment.
Tier Armor Set Bonuses
Fixed an issue affecting a number of tier armor set bonuses not granting a chance to trigger the set bonus effect if the attacking ability's damage had been fully absorbed by a damage shield.
- Tier-18 2-piece set bonus for Balance Druids
- Tier-18 2-piece set bonus for Discipline Priests
- Tier-17 4-piece set bonus for Combat Rogues
- Tier-18 2-piece set bonus for Assassination Rogues
- Tier-18 2-piece set bonus for Affliction Warlocks
- Tier-18 4-piece set bonus for Affliction Warlocks
- Lifebloom should now be correctly granting full effects of Mastery: Harmony's bonus to periodic healing during the bloom portion of the spell.
- Fixed an issue where Kill Shot (Beast Mastery, Marksmanship) can occasionally fail to reset its cooldown if it fails to kill the target.
- Barrage should no longer incorrectly hit targets that are in stealth if the Hunter is unable to see them.
- Water Elemental's Water Jet and Freeze ability could no longer be incorrectly cast at the same time.
- Fixed an issue with Monk abilities that could incorrectly detect two-handed vs. dual-wielded weapons.