Each week we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte.
Mark Your Calendars: Embers of Neltharion Goes Live May 2!
Join your allies for the continuing adventure through the Dragon Isles with our next content update. You’ll explore an all-new zone, meet new allies, discover hidden treasures, and more.
- New Zone: Zaralek Cavern – Gather your courage as you venture into this mysterious underground cavern.
- Cross-Faction Guilds: Players who have been enjoying Cross-Faction Instances now can join the same guild as their opposite-faction friends and benefit from conveniences like shared chat and guild repairs.
- Fyrrak Assaults: Fyrakk’s forces are gathering resources at Suffusion Camps located in the Azure Span and Ohn’ahran Plains. It’s up to the heroes of Azeroth to disrupt their efforts to lure Fyrakk and his disciples out.
- Meet New Allies: As the heroes of Azeroth pursue enemies into the dangers of Zaralek Cavern, they are aided by the local inhabitants found under the Dragon Isles — the molefolk known as “Niffen” and the Drogbar.
- And more…
Dragonflight Season 2
Dragonflight Season 2 begins the week of May 9. Players will be able to gather their allies and breach Neltharion’s secret laboratory in Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulty.
The new season also brings a new PvP Ladder and gear, seasonal affixes, and new dungeons to the Mythic+ rotation: Brackhide Hollow, Halls of Infusion, Uldaman, Legacy of Tyr, Neltharus, Freehold (Battle for Azeroth), The Underrot (Battle for Azeroth), Vortex Pinnacle (Cataclysm), and Neltharion’s Lair (Legion).
Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid
Breach Neltharion’s secret laboratory hidden within Zaralek Cavern. It is here that he created the dracthyr and ultimately succumbed to the whispers of the Old Gods and their corruption.
Raid Release Schedule Week of May 9:
- Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties become available
More details to follow on the Raid Finder schedule.
Join the PTR to explore the latest content in testing and read the current Dragonflight Embers of Neltharion PTR Development Notes on the test forums. We’ll have more coverage of the new content update as we lead up to launch.
News and Events This Week
- April 2-8
- The Darkmoon Faire Returns
- April 4
- Turbulent Timeways: Mists of Pandaria Timewalking
- Weekly Bonus Event: Arena Skirmish
- PvP Brawl: Shado-Pan Showdown
- WoW Spring Deals
- April 5
- March of the Tadpoles Micro-Holiday
- April 7
Stay tuned here to the official World of Warcraft news site as we journey through the week together.