To help players get back into the action in Azeroth, we’re providing any characters level 10-60 who have not been logged into the game for 60 days with a special Welcome Back Gift. Players will also have the option to clear their quests from their log and begin with a clean slate. To continue your leveling journey, you’ll be able to speak with Chromie in the Orgrimmar Embassy or Stormwind Embassy to choose your path. Players who are in the midst of Shadowlands or Battle for Azeroth campaigns won’t be able to clear their quests, however.
How it works:
- Any character level 10-60 who hasn’t logged in in 60 days will receive a notification of the Gear Update in the character login screen.
- Players can then select if they wish to wipe their quest log or keep their existing quests. Characters currently on the Shadowlands or Battle for Azeroth campaigns won't have the option to wipe their quest logs.
- Players can then choose the specialization for their character and receive gear appropriate for that specialization and character level.
- Talents will be reset to the Starter Build for a fresh start.
- Once the gear update has been accepted, the character will log in to the game and can be teleported directly to Chromie’s location.
- Similar to a boosted character, characters will not lose any of the gear currently on their character or in their bags and will receive their previously worn gear in the mail.
The Welcome Back Gift will be available for any character level 10-60 who hasn’t logged in for 60 days even if that character has previously received a Welcome Back Gift.
We hope this aids in your adventures in Azeroth and sets you on the path to achieving your in-game goals.