Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Dragonflight, Wrath of the Lich King Classic, Burning Crusade Classic and WoW Classic. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
September 21, 2023
- The Waking Dream public event in the Azure Span should now properly start.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest from being awarded to players below level 70.
- The weekly Time Rifts quest "When Time Needs Mending" can now be completed in a raid.
September 19, 2023
WoW Classic Era
- Fixed a bug preventing the objective counter from increasing when survivors were rescued for “Refti Retribution”.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players from turning in the quest “The Nokhud Offensive: Founders Keepers”.
- The most-recent Alterac Valley bonus weekend has been extended. The bonus will end when the next bonus weekend (Warsong Gulch) begins on Friday, September 22.
September 18, 2023
Player versus Player [with scheduled weekly maintenance]
- Disintegrate damage increased by 33% in PvP combat (was 20%).
- Developers’ notes: Devastation's killing power outside of cooldowns is lower than we'd like, so we're increasing Disintegrate damage further to help Devastation in PvP. In future patches, we would like to further expand on this effort and move damage out of Dragonrage and into other areas.
- Penance healing is increased by 35% in PvP combat (was 15%).
- Volcanic Surge now increases the damage of Lava Burst by 45% (was 55%) and Lightning Bolt / Chain Lightning by 50% (was 35%).
- Riptide healing is now increased by 25% in PvP Combat (was 10%).
- Healing Stream Totem healing is now increased by 30% in PvP Combat (was 20%).
- Unstable Affliction's backlash damage increased by 35%.
September 15, 2023
- Adjusted Gold and Silver times for the Flashfrost Flyover Reverse Challenge race. These were inadvertently set too high.
- Engineers can now purchase Sprocket Containers from Hobart Grapplehammer in Legion Dalaran at a cost of 50 Leystone and 10 Felslate each.
- Fixed a bug that caused Zaqali Elders’ loot to drop at a lower item level than intended.
WoW Classic Era
- [With Realm Restarts] Fixed a bug affecting bonus Honor awarded for Alterac Valley.
- Completing “Fish in a Bucket” no longer rewards gold.
- Developers’ notes: This change was originally made in patch 2.0.10 and works well in Classic Era/Hardcore, as the original quest provided an uncontested, single-faction, infinitely repeatable, low risk gold reward that does not comport with the nature of the rest of the game.
September 13, 2023
Player versus Player
- Sarannis' Mystic Sheen effectiveness reduced by 70% in PvP.
Secrets of Azeroth
WoW Classic Era and Hardcore
- On the secret day starting with “They Are Always Listening”, you should now get the quest “A Complete Inventory” from Fangli Hoot if you do not get it automatically by investigating all 6 notes.
- Updated some of the quests to address issues where players could fail to receive a clue because secrets had been started on different characters.
- Fixed an issue where certain hunter pets could be dismissed and attack nearby players.
September 12, 2023
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from being properly granted the baseline Challenger, Rival, and Duelist
- Fixed a bug that prevented the NPC Tyrion from turning back into a quest-giver at the conclusion of the quest “The Attack!”
- Hardcore Realms
- The Coarse Dynamite thrown by civilian dwarf NPCs at Dun Modr should no longer cause players to become PvP flagged.
- Developers’ notes: These specific NPCs had a very small chance to hit you and flag you, so it may as well be zero chance. Nonetheless, we do not intend to make changes to the general behavior of enemy faction guards in Hardcore. Players who wish to avoid being flagged for PvP should avoid enemy faction settlements and quests labeled “PvP” in the Quest Log.
September 8, 2023
- The Loamm Roamm Reverse Challenge silver medal should again be rewarded correctly.
- Chromie now offers “No Limits”, a questline delving into Eternus's past, without requiring the Dawn of the Infinites dungeon to be completed.
- When “Stepping into the Shadows”, Maiev Shadowsong should no longer point at invisible Felflame Braziers.
- Moraidormi now stops disappearing and Nozdormu will enter stealth more appropriately during the quest "Not Today, Fate."
- Demon Hunters who previously could not interact with the Control Console can now return to The Fel Hammer continue with their Order Hall campaign.
- Tinkmaster Overspark is visible, and "The Legend of Mechagon" is once again available to players above level 60.
WoW Classic Era
- For each player-character's current Rank, weekly PvP contribution calculations now only award up to the amount of contribution points missing in progress towards the next Rank threshold.
- Developers' note: In higher ranks, players have been intentionally earning dishonorable kills to lower themselves below their current rank threshold in order to gain credit for an additional Rank, thereby allowing them to gain progress more quickly than a player who is just above that next Rank threshold. You now first earn up to the amount you're missing from the Rank you start in. There should no longer be a benefit from lowering one's rank via dishonorable kills to earn progress more quickly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Honor reward for Alterac Valley marks turn-in quests to be unintentionally doubled.
September 6, 2023
- Rescue will no longer cause Verdant Embrace to be placed on cooldown if used while Flow State is active.
- The Whirring Chainblade now has its appropriate minimum level required.
- Fixed a bug that caused Chromatically Calibrated engineering goggles to require level 58 to transmogrify.
- The Legend of Mechagon can now be properly completed by all characters.
WoW Classic Hardcore
- The String of Ears buff earned for Mak'gora kills now persists through death.
- Developers’ notes: This will allow the new Classic API to report the correct Mak'gora kill count for deceased characters.
September 5, 2023
- Secrets of Azeroth
- Fixed an issue that was causing the quest “Using the Idol” to not show up after you completed “An Idol in Hand.”
- Fixed an issue where credit was not being assigned correctly for the final objective in “Urgent Exfiltration.”
The hotfix notes for the previous patch can be found here.