World of Warcraft News and Development Updates
With so much to keep your eye on in the World of Warcraft universe, we know it’s not easy to catch every social post or forum reply. To help you stay on top of it all, we wanted to take time to share a quick summary of the latest news and the developments we’re focused on for both Shadowlands and Classic WoW.
The team is currently most looking forward to two approaching updates: the Overlords of Outland content update for Burning Crusade Classic, and the 9.1.5 update for Shadowlands.
On September 16, Overlords of Outland will go live worldwide at 1:30 CEST, bringing back some of your favorite quests and raids from The Burning Crusade.
Meanwhile, in Shadowlands, we’ve rolled out a number of hotfixes as we prepare for the 9.1.5 update, including a change to give you more Conduit Energy daily, along with much more.
On the 9.1.5 PTR, a wide array of changes and quality-of-life improvements are being added and tweaked in real-time, more will be going live over the course of this week, and we welcome your input.
Let’s take a closer look.
Legendary Raids Return to Burning Crusade Classic
The latest chapter in the Burning Crusade story brings with it a host of new allies who need your help, including the Ogri’la and Sha’tari Skyguard factions, which offer new daily quests and rewards. Additionally, new features will help you collaborate with your fellow adventurers, such as Guild Banks and the Group Browser.
At 1:30 CEST September 16, two additional raids will go live simultaneously on all realms around the world. These raids each serve as home to two of Illidan’s powerful lieutenants:
Serpentshrine Cavern, where champions will descend into a watery lair to slay the twisted Lady Vashj.
The Eye within Tempest Keep, where you will infiltrate the heart of a crystalline fortress to end the madness of the corrupted Kael’thas Sunstrider.
In order to enter the raids, you’ll need to prepare. Are you attuned yet? If not, we’ve got a guide to help you on your way.
Additionally, the Burning Crusade Classic Arena Season 2 kicks off bringing new weapons and armor to earn.
For an overview of all the updates and features coming to Burning Crusade Classic, read the latest patch notes here.
Road to the Shadowlands 9.1.5 Content Update
Last week, we deployed a number of hotfixes in preparation for some more significant updates coming with the release of the 9.1.5 content update.
This update will usher in the complete removal of the Conduit Energy system, but in the meantime, we’ve rolled out a hotfix to change the refill rate of Conduit Energy from one per day to 10. This change makes it easier for players to swap Conduits more often.
More is planned to be deployed in the live game this week. One of the best ways to stay on top of hotfixes is through this continuously updated post here.
Players can get hands-on with what’s to come by logging in to the 9.1.5 PTR. At the moment, we’re focused on testing updates to gearing up alternate characters and the experience in Torghast. Here’s a look at some of the most recent PTR activity:
Notable 9.1.5 PTR Changes
- Increased the drop rate of Shards of Domination.
- Significantly increased the amount of Soul Cinders awarded from Layers 8–12, Maw Assaults, Tormentors of Torghast, and Command Table missions.
- Players who reach 80 Renown can purchase a Broker Mark of Distinction for 500 gold in Oribos that can be used on an alternate character to instantly grant the character up to Renown 40. (Cannot be used above 40 Renown.)
- Players can now purchase versions of Korthian Armaments that create a piece of gear for specific slots.
- Acquirer Ta’gosh in the Hall of Curiosities now sells a Gateway Control Shard letting you activate the nearest Demonic Gateway.
- The new customization options announced for Highmountain Tauren are coming to the PTR in the future.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- The weekly cap for Soul Ash and Soul Cinder has been removed, now allowing players to collect as much as they need or want.
- Repeatedly completing Wings now awards the full amount of Soul Ash (up from 20% after the first clear).
- Repeatedly completing Wings now awards the full amount of Soul Cinders (up from none after the first clear).
If you’d like a more in-depth log of changes in testing on the PTR, we’ve got you covered here, and as always, we welcome your feedback.
Competition Renewed in Shadowlands Season 2
The Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) returns with its global competitions for its 5th year, pitting the best Mythic Dungeon teams in a head-to-head race to the finish line. This week, MDI is back with Group C, the last bracket of the eight teams competing for two spots to qualify for the Global Finals!
Watch all the action starting at 10 am PDT September 17-19 only on YouTube.com/Warcraft
This Week in Shadowlands
Soulbinds continue to grow more powerful, with some able to access their fourth row of Empowered Conduits with higher Renown levels.
There are a number of in-game events just around the corner this week:
- Step into the latest PvP Brawl: Temple of Hotmogu
- World Quest Bonus Event
- The Harvest Festival begins September 17
- Pirates’ Day makes landfall September 19
- Brewfest rolls into Azeroth September 20
From Outland to the Shadowlands, we’re excited for what’s ahead and look forward to continuing this journey with you all.