World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is now available for pre-purchase through the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop! When you pre-purchase a digital copy, you’ll receive a level 110 character boost to use immediately. You can also begin the journey to unlock the expansion’s new playable Allied Races: the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne. And if you level an Allied Race character from 20–110*, you’ll earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set—a lasting symbol of your dedication and commitment to Azeroth.
It’s Time to Declare Your Allegiance
Azeroth has paid a heavy price to end the Legion’s crusade. Countless noble heroes have fallen, and the world itself has been wounded by the sword of Sargeras—but another rift remains that may prove much harder to mend. The shattered trust between the Alliance and the Horde has brought tensions to the brink of war, and no one knows what the future holds for Azeroth. It falls to you, hero, to recruit allies, champion your faction’s cause, and take up arms in this defining moment of an age-old conflict.
But don’t wait for the fight to come to you—prepare now by pre-purchasing Battle for Azeroth! Begin your quest to recruit Allied Races, mount up on a Gilded Ravasaur or Seabraid Stallion, and proudly declare your faction allegiance as you steel yourself for the battle to come.
Battle for Azeroth – Standard and Digital Deluxe Features
Battle for Azeroth is available now in two digital editions: Standard and Digital Deluxe. Here’s what comes with each:
Standard and Digital Deluxe
- The complete Battle for Azeroth experience
- Includes level 110 character boost
- Pre-purchase today to use your 110 character boost, and begin the journey to unlock playable Allied Races.
Digital Deluxe only
- Zandalar Gilded Ravasaur (Horde) and Kul Tiras Seabraid Stallion (Alliance) mounts
- Tottle, the baby Tortollan pet
- Hearthstone card back
- StarCraft II sprays
- Heroes of the Storm Primal Flamesaber mounts
- Overwatch voice lines, emotes, sprays, and icons
Later this year we will announce our retail-only Collector’s Edition, featuring art, music, and lore to celebrate the release of Battle for Azeroth.
Battle for Azeroth: Expansion Features
The Alliance Kingdom of Kul Tiras: Home of Jaina Proudmoore, and the scene of a tangled web of betrayal and dark magic. You’ll encounter power-hungry pirates, witches wielding death magic, and mystical sea priests.
The Horde Empire of Zandalar: In this troll-dominated territory, ancient evil waits to be unleashed on the world as you battle crazed blood-troll worshippers, gargantuan dinosaurs, and titan constructs.
New Playable Allied Races: With pre-purchase, you can start to gain favor with the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne to unlock playable characters.
Plunder Uncharted Islands: Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders—or enemy players. Islands are constantly evolving, and many challenges await you.
Storm the Warfront: Take part in a large-scale 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Lead the charge and battle enemy commanders in a new PvE challenge that owes more than a nod to classic Warcraft RTS battles.
Heart of Azeroth: Take control of the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to you by Magni Bronzebeard. Imbue it with Azerite, an invaluable resource that is the source of great tension between the factions, to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
Begin Your Journey to Recruit Allied Races Now
With pre-purchase, you can experience Azeroth as one of Battle for Azeroth’s new playable Allied Races. Earn the respect of the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne for the Horde, and Lightforged Draenei and Void elves for the Alliance, and you’ll unlock the ability to create characters of that race.
Each Allied Race has its own unique set of requirements to fulfill before you can unlock them, such as completing quests or earning reputation. Once you fulfill these requirements, you can embark on a quest to recruit the race to your faction. If you level up an Allied Race character all the way from their starting level 20 to 110 without boosting, faction/race-changing, or having levels granted to you through the Recruit-A-Friend program, you’ll earn that race’s distinctive Heritage Armor set—cosmetic gear that you can use on any character of that Allied Race you play in the future.
Allied Races: Features, Traits, and Unlock Requirements
Highmountain Tauren – For the Horde!
Descended from Huln, brave hero of the War of the Ancients, the Highmountain tauren honor the spirits of earth, river, and sky. Though the Legion invaded their lands and sowed seeds of distrust between them, the tribes of Highmountain stand united once more. At long last they are ready to venture beyond their sacred mountain and stand beside their kin from Kalimdor, lending their nobility and strength to the mighty Horde.
- Bull Rush: Charge forward, knocking down your enemies.
- Mountaineer: Increases versatility.
- Pride of Ironhorn: Increases mining skill and speed.
- Rugged Tenacity: Reduces damage from incoming attacks.
- Waste Not, Want Not: Chance to gather additional meat and fish.
How to Unlock Highmountain Tauren
- Reach Exalted with the Highmountain Tribe
- Complete the achievement Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Once you've completed these achievements, you can begin the quest chain to unlock Highmountain Tauren
Lightforged Draenei – For the Alliance!
For untold millennia, the Army of the Light waged war against the Burning Legion throughout the Twisting Nether. The draenei most committed to their long crusade would undergo a ritual to become Lightforged, infusing their bodes with the very essence of the Holy Light. After finally achieving victory on Argus, the Lightforged draenei have undertaken a new mission: protecting Azeroth from rising threats and helping the Alliance push back against Horde aggression.
- Forge of Light: Increases Blacksmithing skill and allows you to summon an anvil.
- Holy Resistance: Reduces Holy damage taken.
- Light’s Judgment: Deal mighty Holy damage to an area.
- Light’s Reckoning: Erupt upon death, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and healing nearby allies.
How to Unlock Lightforged Draenei
- Reach Exalted with Army of the Light
- Complete the achievement You Are Now Prepared!
- Once you've completed these achievements, you can begin the quest chain to unlock Lightforged Draenei
Nightborne – For the Horde!
Isolated behind a protective barrier for 10,000 years, the elves of Suramar grew increasingly dependent upon the arcane magic of the Nightwell. To protect this font of power, the leaders of the Nightborne struck a bargain with the Burning Legion that plunged their kingdom into civil war. After fighting for freedom from their demonic masters, the Nightborne seek allies in the Horde to help them reclaim their place in the world.
- Ancient History: Increases Inscription skill.
- Magical Affinity: Increases magical damage dealt.
- Cantrips: Summon a flying book that acts as a mailbox.
- Arcane Pulse: Damage and snare nearby enemies.
- Arcane Resistance: Reduces Arcane damage taken.
How to Unlock the Nightborne
- Reach Exalted with the Nightfallen
- Complete the achievement Insurrection
- Once you've completed these achievements, you can begin the quest chain to unlock the Nightborne
Void Elves – For the Alliance!
Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow’s whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance.
- Chill of Night: Reduces Shadow damage taken.
- Entropic Embrace: Your abilities sometimes send you into Void Locus, granting bonus Shadow damage or healing.
- Ethereal Connection: Reduces the cost of Transmogrification and Void Storage.
- Preternatural Calm: Your spell casts are not delayed by damage.
- Spatial Rift: Teleport to a nearby destination.
How to Unlock Void Elves
- Reach Exalted with Argussian Reach
- Complete the achievement You Are Now Prepared!
- Once you've completed these achievements, you can begin the quest chain to unlock Void Elves
Additional Character Slots
To make room for new Allied Race characters, all players will get four additional character slots per realm.
Battle for Azeroth: Launch
When Battle for Azeroth launches this summer, you’ll get access to a ton of new content and features that will put you on the front lines of a devastating war for Azeroth’s future.
Pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your journey to recruit new playable Allied Races today!
*To receive Heritage Armor, you must level up without using a character boost, faction or race change, or having levels granted to you through the Recruit-A-Friend program.