Ominous portents gust in on icy winds blowing into Azeroth from the cold lands of Northrend. The Lich King’s undead forces are on the move, and heroes are needed once more to stem the tide of the Scourge before it’s too late.
With the release of the Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch, players can create their first Death Knight Hero class, take up the way of the scribe with the new Inscription Profession, and experience a host of new system updates.
Become a Death Knight
The Lich King’s armies present an ever-present threat to all life on Azeroth. Some of his most terrifying servants are known as Death Knights—unliving instruments of the Lich King’s will. [LEARN MORE]
Learn the Art of Inscription
Wrath of the Lich King Classic brings back the first iteration of a beloved profession—Inscription. Learn how to become a master scribe and get the most ink for your book right here. [LEARN MORE]
Begin Earning Achievements
Players will be able to begin earning Achievements in Wrath of the Lich King Classic. To view Achievements you’ve already retroactively earned or see a list of available new Achievements, you can open the interface (default-Y key.) With the launch of the pre-patch, players will be able to view and begin earning Achievements that apply to WoW Classic and Burning Crusade Classic right away. With the launch of Wrath of the Lich King Classic on September 26, all additional Achievements will become available.
There are multiple categories of Achievements that can be earned: General, Quests, Exploration, Player vs. Player, Dungeons & Raids, Professions, Reputation, World Events, and Feats of Strength. By viewing the Summary, you’ll also be able to view the latest Achievements earned and any progress made toward earning any additional category Achievements.
Surviving the Zombie Infestation and Scourge Invasion
The Lich King is poised to strike! Learn how to (maybe) survive the upcoming plague and Scourge invasion in the Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ pre-expansion event. [LEARN MORE]
Returning to Wrath of the Lich King Classic™
Gather your allies and heed the call to arms as Azeroth prepares to face the imminent threat blowing in from Northrend. But if you’ve been on a hiatus, you may just need an assist getting back in fighting shape. To help you, we’ve put together a support guide to make sure your account is ready for your journeys ahead. [LEARN MORE]
New Fresh Start Realm Available with Pre-expansion Patch
On Tuesday, August 30, there will be a new Fresh Start realm available for character creation and play immediately after the patch maintenance is complete. That realm will be:
- Skyfury (PvP)
- Maladath (Normal)
These realms come with a few stipulations:
- For at least 90 days, you will not be allowed to boost a character on Fresh Start realms.
- For at least 90 days, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers.
- Death Knights cannot be created on these realms without a level 55 character on that same realm.
The Road Ahead
To set you on the path to success, we’ve laid out the roadmap of the events ahead.
- August 30
- Pre-patch Begins: Wrath of the Lich King Pre-patch Launches and Fresh Start Realms go live during regional maintenance.
- September 6–13
- Zombie Plague Event: A mysterious affliction begins to make its way through the capital cities. Players must be vigilant to avoid falling victim to its deadly effects.
- September 13 – Launch
- Scourge Invasion Event: In several locations throughout Azeroth, players must coordinate a defensive stand against the attacking Necropolis and defeat Scourge forces to gain powerful rewards.
- September 20–October 6
- Brewfest Begins: Do you love eating delicious fair food, drinking bountiful beverages, and riding rams around barrels of apples? Partake in activities and timed events to earn Brewfest souvenirs and achievements during this brewtiful holiday event.
- September 26
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Launches: At 3:00 p.m. PDT, Wrath of the Lich King Classic will launch, and players are welcome to log in.
- October 4 and 5
- Arena Season 5 Begins: Season 5 will begin with the weekly reset.
- October 6
- Naxxramas, The Eye of Eternity, and the Obsidian Sanctum are Available at 3:00 p.m. PDT
- Naxxramas, the giant Necropolis and the seat of the dreaded lich Kel’Thuzad, floats over Wintergarde Keep in Dragonblight, eager to aid the Lich King and his deadly machinations.
- Located in the center of Coldarra, the Eye of Eternity will challenge players to defeat the blue dragon aspect, Malygos.
- Dragonblight is home to the Obsidian Sanctum where players must venture below Wyrmrest Temple to bring an end to Sartharion and his lieutenants, Shadron, Tenebron, and Vesperon.
Stay tuned to the official World of Warcraft site to stay on top of all the latest news.